You need to write lots of content and be sure it is original. If you have the well written content and you are sure you have something to offer and keep the blog rolling, you are ready to create a blog. Once you start the blog it’s not all done as yet. Like a new born child, it needs your time and needs to be taken care of.
Don’t start the blog with just a single post, post a considerable amount so that the visitors can get a fair overview and understand the essence and know whether they like your blog or not. If they do they will subscribe to your feed or follow you and visit again. Now since you have got a follower who is interested in what you are blogging about it is up to you to keep up to the quality and the standard of the blogs.
Important Tips for a Successful Blogging
• Your blog name should be interesting and relevant to the topic the blog is all about
• It should be well designed and look good
• Should load quickly and over varied platforms
• Should be user friendly
• Search options for those who want to find something specific
• Allow comments on the blog (though you should constantly monitor them)
• Should have a RSS feed option
• Social book marking- add Digg and Delicious and some relevant chicklets in you blog (caution- do not go overboard with them)
• Also promote your blog on social networking sites. Involve your friends in conversations over the blog
• Do definitely comment on other peoples blogs and take active part in conversations.
• Take part in forums, discussions and submit your blog to directories and let it get noticed more and more.
• You can also use the blog URL in you email signature or your profiles on various sites.