To move the cursor, Asus provides a touchpad measuring 7.6 x 4 inches. Wide enough for a netbook. To click, though there are no buttons left and right, because both are fused into a button, you can still click as usual. The following is a brief specification of the Asus Eee PC 1015PEM.
* Processor: Intel Atom N550 1.5 GHz, 1MB cache
* Chipset: Intel NM10 Express chipset
* Memory: 1GB DDR3
* VGA: Intel GMA 3150
* Screen: 10.1 inch 1024×600 LED Backlight
* Hard Drive: 160GB, 2.5 “SATA 5400rpm
* Sound / speakers: Integrated stereo speakers, HD Audio CODEC
* Optical Drive: -
* Battery: 6 cell Lithium Ion battery up to 13 hours
* Connectivity: WiFi, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth
* External Ports: VGA, RJ-45, Mic / Headphone, 3 USB 2.0, card reader
* Dimensions: 262 x 178 x 23.6 to 36.4 mm
* Weight: 1.27 Kg (with 6 cell battery)
* Operating system: Windows 7 Starter Edition
* Warranty: 1 year
Asus Eee PC 1015PEM have the same completeness as netbooks in general. VGA port and a USB port on the left side and two on the right allows users to connect USB modem or an external hard drive while still recharge the battery cell phone and MP3 player, for example.
To do video conferencing, Asus Eee PC 1015PEM provides a 0.3 megapixel camera at the top of the screen. Interestingly, there is a ‘door’ slide in front of the camera lens. It’s quite useful to ensure that the camera will not catch the user when she is not ready.
This Asus Eee PC 1015PEM netbook also has a facility called Express Gate. Feature is application of ‘instant-on’ Linux-based operating system that can be directly used for about 5 seconds after the button is pressed. If users only need to surf the Internet, chat, communicate via Skype, simply press the button on the left corner to activate this feature. As for if you want to get into the operating system Windows 7, the button on the right hand corner of Asus Eee PC 1015PEM.